Thanks to Vince Stehle, our friend at the Knight Foundation for passing on this latest webinar from Link TV and Participatory Culture Foundation. Community groups and community media folks will find this most useful!
Please join Link TV and Participatory Culture Foundation, grantees of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, for a learning Webinar about easily creating powerful video pages and building an active online community with a free tool: Miro Community.
Save the date March 24, 2011 — 2:00pm Eastern (11:00am Pacific)
Who can join: Community groups and local Public Access cable television outlets with an interest in creating an online community around their videos. There is no charge for the webinar.
Subject: Introduction of Miro Community and PEGMedia.org
- Learn how to develop a video website and create a community around your videos
- Learn about great new sources for video from Link TV and others
- See examples and feedback from other Miro Community users.
- Anne Jonas manages Miro Community as an Americorps VISTA with the Digital Arts Service Corps
- Kim Spencer is Chief Content Officer of the national satellite network Link TV
- Bob Nichols is the founder of PEGMedia.org, which provides video to hundreds of local cable access channel
- Jennifer Gilomen is Director of Public Media Strategies at the Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC)
- Sam Kaplan from Access Humboldt, a local cable access channel in Northern California
Date: Thursday March 24, 2011 2:00pm Eastern (11:00am Pacific)
Register: Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
This webinar is made possible through the support of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.