This RFP was originally sent to us by Karen Geraghty at the University of Vermont Extension, referred to Common Good VT by the Northeast Kingdom Community Action Agency and David Tucker. Our thanks to David and Karen for contacting Common Good VT and we remind all of our readers to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with RFP’s and funding announcements. Our network is full of great resources and we’d love to connect you!
Request for Proposals – Strategic Planning Facilitation and Development
Northeast Kingdom Community Action Agency (NEKCA) is requesting proposals to develop and facilitate a strategic planning process that builds upon and updates the agency’s current plan and will result in a revised 2-5 year strategic plan.
NEKCA is a 501(c)(3) organization founded to address the needs of disadvantaged residents in Northeastern Vermont by providing direct program activities, referrals, advocacy, and education. NEKCA’s primary service area includes Caledonia, Essex, and Orleans Counties. Significant changes at the local, state, and federal levels are predicted to impact NEKCA’s operations. In anticipation of these changes, NECKA is currently working with the statewide Vermont Community Action Partnership (VCAP) to build capacity to achieve long-term financial sustainability and expand public awareness of programs as well as resource needs.
The facilitator will work with a core planning team to develop a strategic plan:
- To build the capacity of NEKCA to engage in effective resource development strategies aimed at achieving long-term financial sustainability.
- To build the capacity of NEKCA to conduct effective resource development campaigns both locally and on a statewide level.
- To develop exemplary practices of NEKCA to enhance, expand or develop new public awareness and community access to information about NEKCA.
- To develop exemplary practices of NEKCA to strengthen community engagement and collaboration around educating local and statewide stakeholders and the general public about poverty issues and resource needs for NEKCA.
The facilitator will identify stakeholders and design an effective method for data gathering and presentation which may include surveys, focus groups, and meetings/retreats. Facilitator will use the goals of the ROMA initiative* and the proposed CSGB accreditation process** as the framework to inform the strategic planning process.
The budget ceiling is capped at $6,000 including travel time and fees. An additional $2,000 will be available for retreat costs and subject matter experts in fundraising and community engagement. Some staff support will be provided by the agency.
The timeline for key deliverables runs from July – October 2012.
- October 03, 2012 Initial draft Strategic Plan submitted to NEKCA management staff
for review and revision.
- October 10 , 2012 Initial draft Strategic Plan submitted to NEKCA Board of
Directors for initial review and revision.
- October 30, 2012 Final draft Strategic Plan submitted to NEKCA Board of Directors
for review and approval.
- November 2012 Final NEKCA Strategic Plan available to all Vermont CAP
agencies for retreat.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION TIMELINE
June 8 – 18, 2012 Submissions accepted
June 19– 29, 2012 Submissions reviewed and selection determined
July 16, 2012 Facilitator start date
Proposals shall be submitted before the close of business on June 18, 2012. Electronic submission of proposals is encouraged. Proposals should be submitted to:
University of Vermont Extension
Tel: 802-334-7325 x483
**CSGB accreditation process