This announcement was sent to Common Good VT by Amy Shollenberger at Action Circles Inc. of Montpelier, read the full description on their website here. Our huge thanks to Amy and a reminder to contact Coordinator@commongoodvt.org so we can help your organization find it’s next great addition! You can also contact Eli Harrington directly at 802.862.1645 x21 or by finding us on facebook or twitter.
Action Circles is looking for an Organizing Assistant to join our team. The Organizing Assistant will help with several clients and will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to event organizing, creating materials and online content, drafting email alerts and press releases, researching a variety of information, monitoring press outlets, and working directly with local supporters for various clients to achieve goals. The work is different every day, although many tasks will be done regularly. Sometimes the work is tedious and sometimes it’s exciting. Hours vary, and may include early morning, late evening, and weekend hours. This position will start as a part time position, with the possibility that it will increase to full time. Pay is fair (salaried) and benefits are offered.
We will train the right candidate. We expect hard work and commitment, and we also like to have fun. We like to work collaboratively and we expect a high level of individual motivation and independent work. Tell us why you want to work with us in your cover letter. Tell us why we should hire you. What do you have that is unique? What gets you excited about work?
NO EMAIL INQUIRIES. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
PO Box 551
Montpelier, VT 05601
ATTN: Organizing Assistant
- comfort with & strong ability in using Microsoft Word
- awesome research skills for a variety of types of questions
- ability to work w/many different kinds of people on a variety of tasks
- team player who can also work independently
- good writing & communication skills…including phone, email, and face-to-face
- comfort w/social media
- flexible availability including early morning, late evening, and weekends
- motivation to excel at work, build new skills, and offer value to clients
- passion for helping people engage in democratic processes
- ability to manage several different projects and meet deadlines that are sometimes very short
- must be able to create & work from a workplan
- willing to do lots of “grunt work” to achieve results
- must be able to follow instructions and work under pressure
- ability to keep confidential information confidential
Ideal Candidate has…
- some organizing experience
- passion for politics
- working knowledge of VT press outlets & ability to scan news daily for relevant clips
- desire to work hard & learn every day
- working knowledge of VT legislature & legislative process
- a car available
- ability to use PCs comfortably
- ability to make a multi-year commitment to this work
Action Circles, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age, religion, or national origin.