The Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity seeks an experienced, energetic, and committed Development Director with a high degree of initiative to join their team in this newly created role.
The Development Director will be responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing the development strategy for CVOEO. Reporting to the Executive Director and working in conjunction with Program Directors, the Development Director will be responsible for creating annual development plans and achieving financial objectives. Job responsibilities include: managing multiple projects within tight deadlines, developing new initiatives, implementing specific program campaigns, and cultivating relationships with partners from myriad businesses, organizations, and federal and state agencies.
The Development Director will coordinate effective marketing and communications strategies, and have experience in effective development practices which support the mission and programs of CVOEO.
At a minimum, qualified applicants will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Development or Marketing and/or equivalent prior experience.
- 5 years minimum development or fundraising experience in a for-profit or nonprofit organization.
- Exceptional grant writing skills.
- Proven track record of achieving fundraising targets.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new funding sources.
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base.
- Strong computer and donor database tracking skills.
CVOEO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER