The United Way of Chittenden County shared this job posting for an Administrative Assistant. They are accepting cover letters and resumes via email to email@example.com until August 1.
Objective: The Administrative Assistant will work as part of the Impact & Volunteer Mobilization Team to provide administrative and office support to staff and to assist in maintaining exceptional relationships with the volunteers, nonprofits, community organizations, and businesses we serve.
This is a part-time, 20 hour/week position.
- Assist all Impact & Volunteer Mobilization staff as requested by the Director.
- Provide administrative support for day to day operations, meetings, and events.
- Assist potential community volunteers and local nonprofits in using Volunteer Connection
- Online web technology.
- Enter data and run reports using a variety of databases.
- Prepare mailings, do mail merges, supervise mailing volunteers & deliver bulk mailings to Post Office.
- Draft, proofread, and finalize written communications.
- Answer phones and provide information or direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Work together with colleagues to explore ways to increase awareness of diversity of the staff and seek learning opportunities to improve personal cultural competency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal & customer service/relationship management skills
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, seeing work that needs to be done and jumping in
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience with administrative and office tasks
- Proficiency with MSOffice Suite and database software
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take initiative on day-to-day work and projects
- Experience with design software such as PhotoShop and InDesign helpful but not necessary; willingness to learn new software as needed
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what it means to Live United and advance the common good; to be a diverse and inclusive system is fundamental to achieving our mission and goals in Education, Income and Health. United Way of Chittenden County is committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization.
To review our mission, values, and diversity statement, visit http://www.unitedwaycc.org/about-us/