This announcement was sent to us by Steve Ames at River Arts of Morrisville. Our thanks to Steve and a reminder to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with job postings, news announcements, RFP’s, funding news, or other items to share with the VT nonprofit community. You can also contact Laura Hale directly at 802.862.1645 x21 or by finding us on Facebook or Twitter!
River Arts of Morrisville—a non-profit dedicated to Arts for Everyone in Lamoille county—is seeking a half to three quarter time Development Director. We run summer camps, after school programs, art classes, concerts, festivals, and exhibits for all ages. Join us to keep growing this dynamic and established community center based on the arts. Highly collaborative, technology-focused, flexible position working with a small staff and board—here the sky’s the limit!
We seek a highly-motivated and well-organized individual to develop and implement a fundraising strategy to support our long-term objectives. River Arts is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to enriching the Lamoille Valley community through the arts and running the River Arts Center in Morrisville, Vermont.
The Development Director position is an integral part of realizing River Arts’ long-term growth strategy. This twenty to thirty hour/week, exempt position is supervised by the Executive Director.
The DD will work with the Executive Director, Program Coordinator, and Board of Directors to develop and implement a comprehensive development and fundraising strategy.
- Join the fundraising committee to support and lead their development function
- Research identify and prioritize potential donors and sponsors (e.g., prospect for, explore, identify, and track fundraising opportunities)
- Develop and implement a planned giving program
- Write grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and fulfill reporting requirements to foundations
- Identify and cultivate potential funders
- Explore and evaluate a wide variety of funding opportunities (e.g. foundations, corporate donors, individuals, planned giving, capital campaigns, events, etc
- Meet with current and potential donors and coordinate the solicitation of major gifts
- Work with committees to plan and implement two to three fundraising events per year
- Coordinate the annual appeal process from start to finish
- Work with the staff to create new programs
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically on short deadlines
- Comfort with collaborative writing tools and social media
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable and engaging at public events and meetings
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Adaptable and flexible to shifting opportunities, priorities, and needs
- Availability and willingness to travel within Vermont
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people including board members, volunteers, River Arts members and collaborators
Note: While we don’t offer benefits at this time, we offer free participation in our programs for employees and their families, as well as a highly flexible work schedule, paid holidays, sick time and paid vacation.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three reference contacts (phone numbers) to email@example.com LinkedIn profiles are appropriate.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and will be received until the position is filled.