This request for bids was sent to us by Tracy Collier of Central Vermont Community Action Council.
Central Vermont Community Action Council (CVCAC) has been awarded funds through the State of Vermont Agency of Human Services to administer the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Federal Emergency Management Agency Disaster Case Management program for the provision of long term disaster case management for survivors of Tropical Storm Irene.
CVCAC’s Disaster Case Manger Program (DCMP) is soliciting proposals to provide evaluation services to determine the effectiveness of this program and make recommendations based on this learning for future disaster case management in Vermont or the United States.
Evaluation plan must include the following with timeline:
- Meet with all principals and stakeholders to clarify the evaluation objectives
- Complete the evaluation design
- Protocol Design
- Qualitative analysis with key stakeholders including but not limited to Long Term Recovery Committees and the Vermont Disaster Relief Fund.
- Visit to each site providing case management services (CVCAC, BROC, SEVCA)
- Interim assessment and report
- Final evaluation and report
- Consultation with DCMP management staff (Meetings in person and via the telephone)
- Travel to CVCAC, BROC, SEVCA, and 9 Long Term Recovery Committees to conduct evaluation (3 trips for each location at a minimum)
The period of performance of any contract awarded as a result of this Request for Bids is tentatively scheduled to begin on or about 09/30/2012 and be in force through 08/31/2013.
It is anticipated that any contract awarded under this solicitation shall be in an amount not to exceed $70,000.00. CVCAC does not anticipate the selected contractor’s involvement beyond 08/31/2013. However if CVCAC determines it is necessary to increase the contractor’s involvement, CVCAC may amend any awarded contract to increase the contractor’s involvement. Such an amendment, if any, to increase or decrease the dollar value and extend the period of performance shall be at the sole discretion of CVCAC.
The bidding is open to individuals or organizations that meet the following minimum criteria:
- Bidder must be licensed to perform work in the state of Vermont.
- Bidder must have a minimum of 20 years of experience providing evaluation services to non-profits.
- Bidder must have at least three (3) non-Bidder owned customer references for whom the Bidder has provided similar services during the past thirty-six (36) months preceding the bid due date.
Bidders who do not meet these minimum qualifications shall be deemed to be non-responsive and will not be evaluated and no score will be assigned.
The proposal is to be brief but should include:
- Experience on comparable projects.
- Staff qualifications.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three business references.
- Project approach and work plan.
- Schedule to accomplish the project.
- Costs or fees.
Proposals will be evaluated by CVCAC based on the response to the information requested above. All six items must be addressed for the proposal to be considered responsive. The deadline for submission of responses is 09/27/2012, 5pm, to the Mailing or e-mail address below. LATE BIDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED FROM FURTHER CONSIDERATION.
Proposals are to be mailed, e-mailed or hand-delivered to:
197 Harrel Street
Morrisville, VT 05661
Bidders assume the risk for the method of delivery chosen. The CVCAC assumes no responsibility for delays caused by any delivery service or for problems with Bidder’s email.
The following weights will be assigned for bid evaluation purposes:
|Experience/Staff Qualifications||20 points|
|Project Approach and Work Plan||30 points|
CVCAC reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject any or all bids prior to the execution of a contract. This Request for Bids does not obligate CVCAC to contract for the services specified herein. The final selection, if any, will be the bid that in the opinion of CVCAC best meets the requirements set forth in the Request for Bids and is in the best interest of the CVCAC for the DCMP. The CVCAC is not obligated to select the lowest price bid. The CVCAC shall not be responsible for any costs associated with a bidder’s preparation of a bid in response to this Request for Bids.
In submitting a bid in response to this Request for Bids, the bidder agrees to accept the terms set forth in this Request for Bids.
Any requests for information about this project are to be directed to the Project Manager named above.