The Foundation Center and TechSoup Global have announced a new strategic alliance! Our goal is to leverage our extensive and complementary networks of individuals and organizations to provide knowledge, training, and tools to nonprofits, libraries, and NGOs around the world.
In the past, TechSoup and the Foundation Center have worked together to help identify potential funding sources that align with a nonprofit’s or library’s mission, shown how to connect an organization to grant makers, and taken you on a tour of GrantSpace — a website that features training resources related to grant funding and philanthropic resources.
Expanding the TechSoup Global Network’s strategic partnerships with key players such as the Foundation Center, which works to provide insight on philanthropic activities and social issues around the world, will allow us to build on the strengths of our network, bring more valuable resources to communities most in need, and help NGOs “show themselves” locally and globally. — Rebecca Masisak, co-CEO of TechSoup Global
As our newest collaboration takes shape, we’re exploring new opportunities to co-host events and share our content with the aim of expanding knowledge and insights with wider audiences in the social-benefit sector.
The Foundation Center knows that collaboration with other organizations is the most effective way to meet the needs of the social sector. The partnership with TechSoup Global is particularly exciting because together we can provide access to more comprehensive tools and information for those working towards social change, helping to turn their goals — such as protecting the environment, advancing human rights, or providing education — into realities. – Bradford Smith, president of the Foundation Center
About the Foundation Center
The Foundation Center, established in 1956 and based in New York City, strengthens the social-benefit sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. They maintain the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants. They also operate research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level.
The Foundation Center provides information through a distributed network of affiliates — in all 50 states and in 14 countries — together with strategic partnerships. The alliance with TechSoup Global is in alignment with the center’s stated priorities to build the global data platform for philanthropy and to connect nonprofits to the resources they need to thrive. For more information, please visit foundationcenter.org.
Check out our existing joint resources, and stay tuned for many more down the road!
- Finding Funding with the Foundation Center using Foundation Directory Online
- Got Grants? (free pre-recorded webinar)
- Finding Funders for Your Cause (free pre-recorded webinar)
- Mapping Philanthropy: How You Can Use Data Visualization to Do Good (free pre-recorded webinar)
The Foundation Center provides many other resources and learning opportunities for grantseekers, many of which are free or low cost:
- An enormous array of useful electronic, online, and print resources, from basic introductions to nonprofit management and fundraising to in-depth reference guides. Check out the Foundation Center website to get started.
- Library learning centers in five locations across the US.
- A nationwide network of funding information centers offering free access to Foundation Center resources and personal assistance.
- Free and affordable training options, including both classroom-based training and online training, on topics like funding research, proposal writing, and nonprofit management.