This article comes to us from the National Council of Nonprofits.
Understanding Donors: Put the shoe on the other foot
- Name of the organization;
- Amount of cash contribution;
- Description (but not value) of non-cash contribution;
- Statement that no goods or services were provided by the organization, if that is the case;
- Description and good faith estimate of the value of goods or services, if any, that organization provided in return for the contribution; and
- A statement that goods or services, if any, that the organization provided in return for the contribution consisted entirely of intangible religious benefits, if that was the case.