The Vermont House and Senate Committees on Appropriations are seeking public input on the FY 2018 Governor’s Proposed State Budget and will hold community-based public hearings on Monday, February 13, 2017, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the 6 locations listed below.
- Bellows Falls: Windham Antique Center, 5 The Square.
- Johnson: Johnson State College, Bentley 207.
- Rutland City: Rutland Public Schools, Longfellow School Building.
- St. Albans City: St. Albans City Elementary School, Library.
- St. Johnsbury: The St. Johnsbury School, Cafeteria.
- Winooski: Community College of Vermont, Janice Couture Room (108).
An additional public hearing will be held on Thursday, February 16, 2017, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in room 11 of the State House in Montpelier.
The Committees will take testimony on the Governor’s State budget proposal at these dates and times. Anyone interested in testifying should come to one of the hearings. Time limits on testimony may apply depending on volume of participants. If you have a story you would like to share privately with the committee members, please contact Theresa to schedule this at the end of one of the hearings.
To view or print a copy of the proposed budget, go to the Department of Finance and Management’s website by clicking here.
For more information about the format of these events, or to submit written testimony, call Theresa Utton-Jerman or Rebecca Buck, Joint Fiscal Office, 802-828-5767 or toll-free 1-800-322-5616; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Requests for interpreters should be made to the office by Monday, January 30, 2017.