Common Good Vermont is pleased to announce Vermont Nonprofit Advocacy Day 2017 on March 23, 2017 from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm at the Vermont State House, in Montpelier Vermont. Nonprofit leaders from across the state will join fellow activists at the Vermont State House to tackle issues of equity, efficiency and improved service to our communities.
This year’s Legislative Advocacy Day will introduce new legislative leaders and provide briefings on important issues, including the impact of federal funding on Vermont communities and the role of emerging funding models such as social impact bonds. Nonprofit leaders will also make their presence known by testifying in pertinent committees, lunching with their legislators and raising awareness about the essential role that the social sector play in making Vermont a better place to live.
- Educate lawmakers and state leaders about the strength and value of Vermont’s nonprofit sector and why your work matters.
- Learn advocacy best practices from experienced lobbyists, Legislators and each other.
- Network with nonprofit colleagues, funders, legislative staffs and the most connected and influential people in the state.
The day includes:
- Briefings with Speaker of the House Mitzi Johnson and Senate President Tim Ashe
- Meeting with Governor Phil Scott
- Updates on issues of concern to the social sector including the Impact of Federal Action on Vermont Communities,
- Close look at successful legislative campaigns
- Future of Social Impact Bonds as a funding source for major social sector intiatives.
- Opportunities to testify in Legislative Committees
- Lunch Meetings with Legislators
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SUPPORTERS
The Vermont Community Foundation, Action Circles, The High Meadows Fund, Jeanne Kennedy and Associates, MMR, National Life Group Foundation, Necrason Group, VELCO, The Vermont Community Foundation
REGISTER TODAY & MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
For More Information Please Contact: Morgan Webster, Director@commongoodvt.org at 802-862-1645 x 21