Green Mountain United Way and the United Way of Northwest Vermont are bringing to Northern Vermont national trainer Prudence Pease. Pease will be here for three separate one-day trainings over the next few months (April 27 (Central VT), May 12 (Newport), and June 2(Burlington)) to bring the Bridges Out of Poverty curriculum to business and community leaders.
Bridges Out of Poverty is a powerful tool designed to provide a new lens for understanding poverty. Addressing economic insecurity of low-income individuals and families is at the forefront of the minds of community leaders, including employers, social service providers, and government officials who want sustainable communities in which everyone can do well. These trainings are geared towards business and organizational leadership, supervisors, and managers and will address the following topics:
– Understanding economic class
– Research on causes of poverty
– Hidden rules of economic class
– Building resources to move out of poverty
– Community strategies addressing poverty in workplaces, families and human service systems