Psst! Remember to Register Your Organization to Participate and Complete Your Giving Day Profile by June 2!
Post Press Release Locally:
Use local press lists, online forums and email lists to send a traditional press release (example). Doing this can help your organization build an engaged community that helps to promote your mission, fundraising, and special events. Front Porch Forum has community forums statewide allowing community members to share local news. Remember to share Gov. Phil Scott’s proclamation to raise awareness that this is a statewide event.
Email Your Lists:
Using email to start and grow relationships is easy for nonprofits. It is an inexpensive way to reach out to supporters on a regular basis with informative and inspiring messages. Don’t forget to update your email signature to include your Vermont Gives link!
Email Marketing Templates, How-Tos, and more! View
Share on Social using #vtgives:
Want to quickly engage donors and share information about your fundraising efforts? Twitter is instant and efficient! If you’re new to Twitter, they offer a getting started guide for newbies. Update your cover photo on facebook and twitter to include Vermont Gives (graphics below)!
Social Media Tips View
Pre-made Visuals and Graphics:
Download Vermont Gives promotional materials including logos, social share images, print materials, and more!
Post the Giving Day as an Event on Your Website:
Make sure to include the Day of Giving your organization is participating in so they know to save the date and get excited to support you. If you’re having a physical event on the day of, then you’ll definitely want to promote that as well and let your supporters know how they can get involved (email email@example.com for information about Vermont Gives events in Burlington)!
Ask Businesses to Participate & Share:
Remember to build awareness about Vermont Gives in your business communities! Print our pre-made posters and materials to post around town.
Find all of this and more at our Nonprofit Toolkit at VermontGives.org!
General Giving Day Blog Articles:
- What Do Highly Successful Giving Day Hosts Do Differently?
- The Giving Day Profile Cheat Sheet
- 3 Things Your Donors Expect from You on Your Giving Day
- 3 Rules for a Successful Giving Day
- 5 Essential Roles for Your Giving Day Team
- Meaningful Assignments for Giving Day Volunteers
- 5 Things You Need to Know to Line Up a Sponsor
- How to Get Matching Gift Prospects on Board for Your Giving Day
- How to Utilize Giving Day Prizes in 5 Easy Steps
- Creative Giving Day Engagement Ideas
- Is Your Giving Day Profile Making a Good First Impression?
- Your Best Post-Giving Day Fundraising Strategy
- There’s More to Giving Days Than Raising Money