Leadership Champlain is a year-long community leadership development program offered through the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce. Annually, our participants work with selected Vermont non-profit organizations to review project proposals and recommend solutions. The Leadership Champlain class of 2018 is comprised of 35 committed professionals with diverse talents and skills to contribute.
We are seeking projects from host non-profit organizations by October 20, 2017. Please view this as an opportunity for your organization to get some help with a project you might have had on the back burner or don’t have staff to undertake on your own.
Here’s what we can bring to your organization:
- Five to Six working professionals from varying backgrounds – architects, lawyers, engineers, realtors, educators – who are rising leaders from their organizations;
- Three months of part-time volunteerism focused on a project;
- Fresh eyes to evaluate the issues;
- A mentor from the Leadership Champlain Board of Directors to help to facilitate the first meeting and help make adjustments.
What we need from you:
- Executive sponsorship for the project;
- Designated contact person to interact with the team throughout the project cycle;
- A one-hour orientation for the team to facilitate introductions and answer questions;
- A project with flexibility to accomplish milestones within the schedule.
The project will cost only your time to assist the team by introducing the project, the stakeholders and answering questions. A full description of our objectives, scope and restrictions, along with the selection process and project timeline are attached. You will only need to complete and return pages 3-6. Please submit proposals electronically by Friday, Oct 27, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mary Anne Sheahan is the Executive Director for Leadership Champlain at the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce, 60 Main Street, Suite 100, Burlington, VT 05401. If you have questions, please call Mary Anne at 802.863.3489 x227. Thank you!